Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flower Garden

Some of the blooms on a neighbor's Flametree. The normally bright red of the flower bracts still look good in Black and White.


I don't know what these are called- Ixia or Sparaxis maybe. Anyway I found them growing on a road verge near my house and really liked the crazy color scheme. Only Mother Nature would think of combining hot pink and bright yellow with accents of black and white.


Some beautiful yellow and orange jonquil flowers from my garden.


I grew up calling these Easter Lillies, since they bloomed around Easter time. When I was a child growing up on the farm there was the old ruins of a house buried in the pineforest in front of our property. The remaining garden plants had been left to grow wild around the piles of debris left over from when the house was demolished. My brother and I loved exploring these junk piles. I remember thousands of these Easter Lillies used to grow all through the ruins. We hosted sword fights with their fleshy stems until we were both liberally coated with pulp and sticky sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment