Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Going Bushwalking

I found this really great patch of bush yesterday,  right near town, and walked for several kilometres just enjoying the great outdoors. This is just a summery of what I found out there.

I liked the contrast of the bright green and yellow leaf set against the rough red/brown gravel. I didn't set the photo up, it was just something interesting that I came across on the track I was walking along.

I like the way that the setting sun's rays shine between the pieces of burnt tree stump and backlight the grasstree.

For the past couple of days there  has been some really interesting cumulus clouds  that form over the horizon to the east and south-east of Donnybrook. I don't know what's causing it but they fascinate me. I love the shapes that clouds can form.

I don't know why but there was something really interesting about the way in which this tree trunk had burnt and the contrast between black charcoal and white trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment