Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Cats of all kinds

Today I thought I'd share a few images of pussycats from my archives. All are standard domestic shorthair's, a breed usually know just as "Moggy". Most of the cats are, or where, owned by my family.

When I origionally took this photo several years ago I named in Elasto-cat. I have always loved watching a cat sleep and marvelling at the amazing positions they get into. We humans could never manage that and still sleep so soundly! The cat in this photo was named Muffin and was an orange striped tabby. In PSE9 I turned the image to black and white then increased the contrast so that it really bought out the pattern in the cat's coat.

This was a young girl at a Farmers Market in my hometown. I don't know her name but I loved the fact that the kitten's orange coloring almost matches her own red hair. The blue of her t-shirt and the blue crates full of fruit on the green truck behind her add aditional contrast.

Do you remember those painted pet rocks that were all the rage in the 80's? Well this is mine, pretty realistic huh? Actually his name Harry and he is pictured snoozing on my sofa on a cold winter's night.

This is how you build a Cat Sandwich....my mum taking an afternoon nap with her moggy Tiger-tim. By the look on the cat's face he really doesn't mind being used as a warm fluffy pillow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment