Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Friday, March 11, 2011

wattlebird, a cubbyhouse and a wild hat

A black and white study of a common Australian bird known as the Lesser Red Wattle Bird. A very noisy, bossy and territorial little creature. this one was so busy yelling abuse at my cat (who was innocently strolling across the garden) that the bird totally ignored my camera and allowed me to get really close and take a great number of photographs.

 Another photo of that same little bird.

My five year old neice playing in her cubbyhouse in grandmother's back garden.

Playing with my new copy of Photoshop Elements 9 I came up with this portrait of a young girl that I photographed at the Balingup Medieval Carnivale a couple of years ago. I loved her headdress but the background was really bad, a couple of people and some very boring stalls. I erased the people and blurred the background then changed the coloring to make her really stand out. I am pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment