Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Insects

A very obliging blue dragonfly that was kind enough to perch on a plain dirt bank so that I could get a great shot of all its delicate features.

It took me ages to track down this cicada to its leafy perch just by following its chirps.

Two different wasp species feeding on the Fennel flowers in my vegetable garden.

A different dragonfly taken on a different day. Not sure it this one works or if the dry leaves it was perched on were a little distracting. I tried converting the image to black and white just to see how it would look. Moderately successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment