Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wellington Dam, Daisy flowers and woodwork

These little yellow button flowers are part of the daisy family. All year round its covered with fine grey leaves but each spring it is covered in masses of tiny yellow buds, each about the size of a five cent piece. I've never really liked the smell of daisy flowers but they are tough and colorful so I put up with them.

The patterns of this partially burnt tree trunk caught my eye as its textures were highlighted by the setting sun. The tree was still alive despite the massive holes in its trunk. Taken in a patch of forest near the Donnybrook Cemetery late in the afternoon in early autumn.

Taken at Wellington Dam near Collie a couple of years ago. A particularly good winter rain meant that the dam was overflowing and this picture was taken at the base of the wall near one of the vents.

Another view of the water that was flowing over Wellington Dam and across the granite boulders at its base.

No comments:

Post a Comment