Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

more aloe, dandelion, chicken and the view from my doorstep

A study I did a couple of years back of one variety of Aloe plants that line the fence on one side of my property. This variety of aloe is pretty common in gardens in my area. Its tough and looks amazing when in flower with the bright orange flower spikes set against the bright green leaves.

The view across the valley from my front door. I like that there are a number of layers of colors, angles and patterns.

Photographing the neighbor's chooks I came away with this image. I liked the way that the fence wires formed a frame and almost ask the question "Who's looking at who? exactly who is in the cage?".

A close-up view of a dandelion head taken on a frosty winter's morning when the dew really bought out the fine details. I liked the way that there are all stages of the plant; bud, flower and deadhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment