Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

People watching

Just a sample of some of the, often weird and wonderful, people I have met out in my travels.

I don't know this guy's name but I do know that he's local (I see him semi-regularly in my day job). The Macaw belongs to a friend of his and she has been fundraising to find it a female mate. I do know that the two of them (the man in the picture and the female owner of the parrot) have some link to the local medieval re-enactment group.

This guy is a street-performer who goes by the stage name 'Fatt Matt', his speciality is acrobatics, juggling and contortion. He used to be a regular act at festivals around the district. At the time of taking the photo I was working as a journalist so the image was not the best quality since the camera was at a medium-quality setting to allow more space on the memory card.

The man pictured above was a farmer from my home town. He bred horses (mostly Clydesdale's). The horse in the picture is a thoroughbred which had been provided for a news event that I covered while I was at the local paper.


Pictured above is another well-known street performer. This one goes by the name of 'The Bad Piper'. The picture was taken on the last day of the 2010 Balingup Medieval Carnivale. I can't lay claim to putting him on the horse, that was created by someone else, I just seized the opportunity since it was too good to miss. The guy is usually more at home prancing around on the ground playing a set of black-leather bagpipes covered in studs that shoot flames from their ends. Actually it was a bit of an achievement to get him onto the horse since he's apparently terrified of them!! And yes, we did get to see what you wear under a kilt (bright red jocks apparently!).

No comments:

Post a Comment