Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gone Surfing

I was down at Bunbury's Back Beach yesterday and I promised a couple of young bodyboarders that I would post some photos of then chasing the waves. Just up from Ex-tensions restaurant and the Surf Life Saving club there is a big outcrop of Basalt rocks. The wind was rushing in off the ocean and driving the waves up against the rocks; creating these absolutely insane waves as the outgoing swell hit the incoming waves. These waves were a good 10metres or more and seemed to spin in a spiral. I'll post some pics of the waves later. However the waves were driving the bodyboarders crazy and they were pulling some crazy moves. Pity all the spray blocked some of the best shots. The heavy swell was also stirring a lot of sand and weed so the water was pretty dark. After I finished with the bodyboarders I moved further up to the area of beach just over the sandbank from the boat harbor to get some shots of a couple of Kite-boarders. I'll post them later.





No comments:

Post a Comment