Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Landscapes and seascapes

Just a few of the landscape photos from my collection. Some are recent and some have been in my files for a while waiting for a blog post.

The view from Busselton Jetty looking back towards shore. I didn't create this shot by adding all the different elements from other photos. This photo just happened. Maybe its a little cluttered but I liked the range of different elements; the yacht and the buildings on shore and the start of the jetty to the right. The long building is a restaurant. The row of blue buildings with white windows house the jetty ticket office and souvenier shop. The round tower is a waterslide at a funpark. The park is about to close. Kind of sad since its been there since I was a kid but its certainly looking ragged now. 

I guess I could have cropped this photo more but I liked the contrast of the wide blue ocean meeting the wide blue sky. The white yacht added a good interuption in all that blue-on-blue.

No, the sunrise didn't have all that purple and orange in it, or at least not that much. This is what happens when you play with photoshop a little too much. But I liked the effect so I kept it.

A view of some of the white-trunked gumtrees that line one of the main roads in Bunbury. Taken at night with their trunks illuminated by the orange-color of a nearby streetlight.

This photo was taken several years ago when I was out covering a story for the newspaper. I liked all the horizontal layers - water, earth, grass, forest, clouds and sky - in this photo. All of it broken by the clean vertical trunk of the lone tree.

A rather striking windvane that sits far out on the Busselton Jetty. I liked its image of a small boat racing before the big waves as it seeks the shelter of the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment