Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Floral displays

Some of the flower and plant photos from my collection.

I found this creeper climbing over a friend's back garden fence and was struck by the contrast between the bright blue berries, red stems and green leaves.

I rescued this little chrysanthemum bush from the throw-away table at a local hardware store. What a sad, sorry little bush it was. It survived the trip home and is now thriving in my garden.

An unusual view of an Aloe plants. The photo looked rather ordinary in its original shades of green. But convert it to Black and White and it looks amazing.

Yes, I know there are a million photos of Frangipani flowers out there on the net but I added one more.

Tree bark can be really beautiful if you look at the right way.

Finally, a rather different way to look at leaves on a tree, with the afternoon sun shining through them. It brings out the colors and the delicate network of veins in the leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment